Sports Personality of the Year 2016 Contenders
Spors Perosnality of the year is being announced today. We have the latest betting odds from the leading bookmakers.
We thought we would analyse the current state of play, and who / where the threats to the current favourites could come from.
- Strongurrent favourite is Andy Murray off the back of his success at Wimbledon, his Gold Medal at the Rio Olympics and his finishing the year as world number 1. Can he become the first person ever to win 3 SPOTY and 2 in a row? The bookies certainly think so, and who can argue with that? The best odds you can get on Andy are 1/6 via Betfred.
- Second favourite for SPOTY 2016 is Alistair Brownlee, who won his second Triathlon Olympics goal. However the reason he is up there as second favourite is as much to do with his heroics as he sacrificed a win to help his brother Jonathan who had collapsed at the end of the season finale race. He didn’t win the World Championship but the heroics and self sacrifice will live long in the memory. He is available at best odds of 9/1 with Betfair.
- Who would have thought at the beginning of he year Nick Skelton would be third favourite for the SPOTY title. But his Olympc individual showjumping Gold medal has taken him to the hearts of the British public, after a long career as nearly man. You can get him at 25/1 via BoyleSports
- Fourth favourite is Laura Trott. who has become Britain’s most uccessful Female Olympian of all time after winning her 2nd Gold of the games and 4th overall. She is available at best odds of 50/1 with Coral
- Fifth favourite is Mo Farah 10,000 and 5,000 metres Olympic title, becoming a four time Gold Medalist and the most successful British Track athlete of all time. Mo is available at best odds of 11/4 with Betfair. It can only be the doping suspicions that have surrounded his coach that can account for why Mo has not won one of these SPOTY titles before and is not considered in contention this year either.
Sports Personality of the Year 2016 Odds Comparison Table
See below Odds comparison table comparing the odds for the leading contenders. Click the Odds to take you directly to bookmakers site.
If you are a new customer you can take advantage of Free Bet offers.
|SIGN UP FOR FREE BETS||£50||£20||£20||£20||£50||£30||£30|
|Laura Kenny (Trot)||40/1||50/1||33/1||33/1||40/1||50/1||33/1|
(Scroll table to view all bookmakers on mobile or tablet)