Latest Posts
User Posts: NoveltyBets team
Week 10 Strictly Come Dancing Recap

Week 10 Strictly Come Dancing Recap

0

Week 10 Strictly Come Dancing Recap Week 10 of Strictly Come Dancing 2016 with only 6 celebrities left all wanting to win the glitter ball. With edition of the Cha Cha ...

READ MORE +
Scarlett Moffatt Back As I’m A Celeb Favourite

Scarlett Moffatt Back As I’m A Celeb Favourite

0

Scarlett Moffatt Back as Favourite The back and forth for I’m A Celeb favouritism between Gogglebox’s Scarlett Moffatt and Emmerdale’s Adam Thomas continues with Scarlett now ...

READ MORE +
Scarlett and Adam Nearly Neck and Neck for I’m a Celeb Crown

Scarlett and Adam Nearly Neck and Neck for I’m a Celeb Crown

0

Scarlett and Adam Nearly Neck and Neck for Crown At the moment, it’s a two horse race for the I’m A Celeb crown as Adam Thomas shortens further for the title and long running ...

READ MORE +
You Say Honey We Say Leave! Honey G Tipped For X Factor Elimination

You Say Honey We Say Leave! Honey G Tipped For X Factor Elimination

0

Honey G Tipped For X Factor Elimination It seems that the Honey G train is about to leave the X Factor station this weekend as the North Weezy rapper heads the elimination ...

READ MORE +
Week 9 Strictly Come Dancing Review

Week 9 Strictly Come Dancing Review

0

Week 9 Strictly Come Dancing Recap Here's our latest Strictly Come Dancing Review, reviewed once again by our fabulous guest blogger, LoveYouBud   Week 9 and we are in ...

READ MORE +
Honey G In Elimination Danger?

Honey G In Elimination Danger?

0

Honey G for X Factor Elimination? Ryan Lawrie is once again in the X Factor elimination firing line and the odds suggest that this time there is no escaping the chop. The ...

READ MORE +
X Factor Song Choices and Betting

X Factor Song Choices and Betting

0

X Factor Song Choices As we move into the business end of this years X Factor, the biggest story remains Honey G's ascent from absolute 100/1 outsider to, amazingly, 13/2 ...

READ MORE +
Scarlett hardens into odds-on favourite to win I’m A Celebrity

Scarlett hardens into odds-on favourite to win I’m A Celebrity

0

Scarlett hardens into 10/11 to win I’m A Celebrity Gogglebox star Scarlett Moffatt has seen her price harden further at the head of the I’m A Celebrity betting. Available at 9/4 ...

READ MORE +
Greg To Jump Off Strictly

Greg To Jump Off Strictly

0

Greg to Jump Off Strictly This Week? You can read our review of last week's show here With Daisy Lowe leaving Strictly last week, it seems as if the baton has moved to Greg ...

READ MORE +
Week 8 Strictly Review

Week 8 Strictly Review

0

Week 8 Strictly Come Dancing Recap Here's our latest Strictly Come Dancing Review, reviewed once again by our fantastic guest blogger, LoveYouBud It’s Strictly Come Dancing 2016 ...

READ MORE +
Browsing All Comments By: NoveltyBets team
  1. NoveltyBets team April 18, 2016 at 1:47 pm

    Thanks Milton for your comments. As it happens the prices I quoted (from the last 11 year) were the odds a week before the actual tournament, not the actual day of the final.

    Having said that I do appreciate that we are still 4 weeks away from this week’s contest and the odds might change between now and then. However Russia are such short priced favourites that I think it highly unlikely they will not be favourites right through to the contest beginning. So I think already now it is pretty safe to place the bet, though to be on the safe side it makes complete sense to wait till closer to the actual contest and place the bet on whoever is the favourite then. That is what I will be doing, probably on the eve of the Semi Finals.

    As we get closer to the contest you will find newspaper and online articles on the contest and most of them will mention who the favourites are, and include links to their songs, so I don’t have any concern about the average Eurovision Song Contest fan finding out who the favourites are and indeed listening to their songs. So there is no needs for anyone to visit oddschecker before checking out one of two songs.

    On your last point, that is perfectly true, but does not negate the strategy, in fact I think it re-enforces it. In other words, despite the markets giving Russia a 64% percent chance of losing (ie only 36% chance of winning), based on historic evidence as favourite they have a much better chance than that to win. Hence the bet makes sense.