Steve Davis Retirement
Following Steve Davis’s surprise retirement (the surprise to me was that he had not retired about 10 years ago), BetFred have created a series of specials to mark this milestone in the history of snooker (and also no doubt due to their sponsoring the BetFred World Snooker championship) . The specials are available via the TV Shows / Specials category. Click Novelty and then Steve Davis specials.
Available Steve Davis Specials are
- To be Knighted by end of 2016
- Odds are 8/1 that it will be Sir Steve Davis by the end of the year.
- To have a No. 1 hit as a DJ
- Odds are 50/1 that Steve will succeed in this unlikely endeavour
- To appear on Strictly Come Dancing
- At odds of 7/2 this is the lowest price of all the available specials
- To be next James Bond
- OK, now they are stretching things a bit. Odds are 1000/1, which is lower than you could have got at the beginning of the season on Leicester winning the Premier League. Just saying!
- The World Snooker final being decided on a black ball finish
- The odds on this unlikely event repeating itself are 100/1
- This commemorates the famous 1985 final where a record BBC2 and post midnight audience of 18.5 million watched Dennis Taylor beat Steve 18-17 on the final black ball.
- To become an MP
- At 66/1, this is deemed more likely than a Black Ball finish but less likely that Steve having a No.1 hit.
Of all these bets, I would actually take the ‘To be Knighted by end of 2016’ at 8/1 as perhaps the one that is genuinely a real possibility and the odds are reasonably attractive. Take that as a recommendation, though don’t bet your house on it.