Eurovision News Summary May 12th
For Eurovision week we are putting together a Eurovision news summary, sharing some of the day’s main articles on the contest. Here is the update for Thursday May 12th.
- Sydney Morning Herald: Why Australia deserve to be in the Eurovision
- The SMH hits back at Graham Norton and others who have said Australia’s participation in the Eurovision is ‘ridiculous’.
- Slate: Eurovision Guide for Americans
- With the Eurovision being broadcast for the first time in the USA, this is a list of 10 things the US public should expect from the contest.
- Metro: Armenia being investigated for rule break and possible disqualification
- One of the favourites for the contest is being investigated for breaking the regional flag rule (during Semi Final 1 they waved regional flag of hotly disputed area). Possibility of their being disqualified from future contests and even retrospective points deduction from this year’s. To be decided in June.
- BBC: Ukraine entry talks about her song
- Jamala tells the BBC about how her song tells the story of a painful event in her family history, when her grandmother and other relatives were deported from the Crimea by Stalin in ‘1944’ (the name of the song).