Eurovision Finals Predictions (and betting tips)
We have a detailed article outlining our Predictions and Betting Tips for the Final of the Eurovision Song Contest. It can be found here and a summary of the key tips below:
Summary of Eurovision Final Betting Tips / Recommendations
- If you do not yet have an account with either Coral or BoyleSport back Russia at enhanced odds of 10-1
- France to come in Top 5 from Betfair Exchange at 2.32
- In the Winner w/o Russia market back Ukraine at 3.95 with BetfairExchange or 5-2 with Betfair
- In the ‘To Finish Last’ market back Germany at 9-2 with Betfair.
The below article was written ahead of the first Semi Final.
With Tuesday’s first semi final fast approaching, we thought we should share with you our Eurovision Semi Final Predictions and betting odds / tips.
Note, the predictions for Semi Final 2 with latest odds as of May 11th are below, with more detail in the Semi Final 2 article
Eurovision Semi Final predictions for Semi 2 (in descending order)
- Ukraine (1-100 William Hill)
- Australia (1-25 Paddy Power)
- Latvia (1-9 William Hill)
- Serbia (1-9 William Hill)
- Bulgaria (2-7 Coral)
- Belgium (1-8 Betfred)
- Norway (10-11 Betfred)
- Israel (2-9 Betfred)
- Lithuania (2-5 Betfred)
- Poland (1-2 Betfred)
- Belarus (7-2 Boyle Sports)
- Georgia (5-4 Betfair Exchange)
- Denmark (13-8 Boyles Sport)
- FYR Macedonia (5-4 Paddy Power)
- Ireland (4-1 Boyles Sport)
- Albania (6-1 Paddy Power)
- Slovenia (9-2 Paddy Power)
- Switzerland (14-1 Coral)
In the first semi there will be 18 songs competing, with the top 1o going through to the final. So that is a greater than 50% chance of going though without taking into account the actual entry.
Our Eurovision Semi Final Predictions are based on (a) betting odds, (b) politics, (c) performance at rehearsals, (d) feedback and views of Eurovision expert pundits (e) general gut feel.
In brackets are the latest best odds available for the country to qualify to the Final.
Based on these predictions the most generous odds to get to the final are Austria at 13-8 via William Hill which we at NoveltyBets have taken up. It is one of the more quirky songs from this year’s contest, which perhaps accounts for its slightly longer odds. However we really love it, and with a chorus that will annoyingly stay in your head for longer than you would like, we believe it will get enough votes to go through to the final.
Perhaps more controversially we are suggesting that Netherlands and Cyprus might not get to the final despite their short odds of 1-5 to do so (some expert pundits actually fancy Netherlands to win the first Semi Final).
While Cyprus have a good song, for us it isn’t impressive enough to stand out and garner the votes needed to get to the final. It’s basically just a watered down rock song. The question then is who would it appeal to?
Regarding the Netherlands entry, we just don’t like the repetitive nature of the song. While some might say it is catchy, for us it is annoying. We also do not believe the country feel of the song will appeal as well as some people think to Eurovision audiences.
- Russia (1-100 William Hill)
- Armenia (1-14 Ladbrokes)
- Iceland (1-3 Betfair Exchange)
- Hungary (4-11 Betfair)
- Malta (1-10 William Hill)
- Czech Republic (1-7 William Hill)
- Croatia (4-9 Betfred)
- Austria (13-8 William Hill)
- Bosnia (4-6 Boyle Sports)
- Azerbaijan (8-15 Betfair Exchange)
- Netherlands (1-5 William Hill)
- Cyprus (1-5 Betfred)
- Estonia (5-6 Betfair Exchange)
- Finland (5-1 Bet365)
- Greece (5-2 Betfred)
- San Marina (16-1 Betfair)
- Moldova (12-1 Paddy Power)
- Montenegro (12-1 Betfred)